The Standard TTI batch Integral Quench furnaces are designed for processes such as annealing, carburizing, clean hardening and carbonitriding.
Each furnace is equipped with a variable drive recirculating fan to conserve energy.
Thermo Transfer also manufactures auxiliary equipment to be used in an Integral Quench furnace line. This equipment includes draw furnaces, spray/dunk washers, charge cars, scissor-lift tables and endothermic generators. Custom designed units available to fit your exact needs, as well as the standard size units shown below.
Heavy duty gas tight welded cylindrical casing construction.
The circular flow path provides uniform atmosphere circulation over the work as well as radiant tubes, ensuring superior temperature uniformity and carburizing rates.
- Horizontally sidewall mounted :’U” type alloy radiant tubes
- Burners and recuperator mounted to the backwall of the furnace for ease of maintenance, burner check ups and cooler ambient.
- Plug type alloy fan with atmosphere inlet into the housing to assure uniform atmosphere distribution.
- Dual roller rail hearth for standard size tray.
- A stiff chain transfer mechanism is provided to automatically transfer the load to and from the furnace chamber.
- All motions are interlocked and designed for full automation of the cycle.
- The inner door, outer door and quench elevator are pneumatically operated.
- High volume agitators and internal baffles provide excellent quenchant flow.
- Double deck elevator to permit loading when one tray is being quenched.
The casing of the furnace is cylindrical in shape and provides the following unique features.
- The circular flow path provides uniform atmosphere circulation over the work as well as the radiant tubes, ensuring superior temperature uniformity and carburizing rates.
- The round casing is structurally stronger than conventional square casing and is less susceptible to warping and distortion.
- The insulating refractory is 13 ½” thick to reduce heat losses and increase operating efficiency. The refractory is installed as a continuous arch with proper expansion joints. The arch is the strongest possible refractory shape. The volume of refractory is less compared to a rectangular wall construction, minimizing the heat storage that must be supplied as the furnace is brought to operating temperature.
- As well as providing uniform atmosphere circulation for convection heating, the cylindrical construction tends to focus the radiant energy stored in the refractory on the center of the work being heated.
- Electric or gas fired units.
- Recuperators to achieve higher efficiency.
- Atmosphere cooling vestibule with recirculating fan.
- Air cooled heat exchanger for Quench oil.